Wednesday, January 20, 2010

My Timber Frame

My timber frame is hand crafted, with traditional joinery of the highest quality. Perhaps in a rustic rough sawn hemlock, or maybe a smooth finished douglas fir material. Let's see...

These weathered hemlock beams really give that old barn feel. If you like this, it will save you big bucks as purchasing the authentic reclaimed beams are pricey. (I really love this timber frame)!

Douglas fir allows for a more formal design. Smooth finish, maybe some arches, corbels...a beautiful way to go. Notice the hardwood pegs, left proud on the mortise and tenon joints.

Open great room, ceiling beams over the kitchen and dining room, yes, this is what my timber frame will include. AND, I will have custom designed and handcrafted kitchen cabinetry to go with my custom designed and handcrafted timber frame! Both from VERMONT.

For the exterior look, I tend to like clean, simple, straight forward. This would absolutely do!

My timber frame will come from Vermont Timber Works, Inc. And, how do I know this? Because I know quality and I know craftsmanship. Seeing it every day at work and every night at home.

0 comments: